My most effective/favorite weight loss tips!!!




This year has been a lot of change for me. One of the biggest being my lifestyle habits. I stopped going out to pubs much, and my drinking is to a very minimum(stopped completely for 3-4 months at a time, now I drink maybe once a month, and only consist of 3-4 drinks). I worked on fixing the liver problems I created from 10 years of heavy drinking. I believe in order to lose weight, you must fix any existing issues your body is currently going through. You body is a complete system made up of every complex organs and little systems. If one is out of wack the whole system will not work properly. Sure you could lose weight but it won't be a lasting weight loss and you may end up sick from malnutrition. *Disclaimer- I am not a certified nutritionist, use these tips at your own risk


So tip number 1 is to start feeding your body healing foods and get rid of things such as alcohol or sugar that creates havoc in your body. Plus being aware of the so called health foods. Because believe me when I say the health and nutrition industry makes money from you being sick. Things you think are healthy such as dairy and meat are actually cancer causing foods, because of how they're processed.
Before at 116

Today at 105Tip number 2 is a mental thought process. If I lost a pound its easy to think "hey I did it time to relax" but that is the best way to gain back the extra pound. So now I think "I will make the best of today and lose more, not gain more". So I work hard every day. Because how disheartening is it to see you gained back the weight!! 


























Here is a crazy tip. This helps jumpstart your 
weight loss process. I do this when I am like "I will lose weight today!!" And am so determined that I think "pain?" bring it on!! Sometimes our fat can be stubborn. There are two types of fat white fat cells and brown fat cells. White fat cells are the stubborn mother f@#$ers. So I take cold a$$ baths to turn that into brown fat cells. Or you can take an ice pack and place it on stubborn areas. I have done this many times and it works wonderfully. 

Tip number 4 are my fat blasting drinks. Apple cider vinegar and Green tea. I chug an amino acid drink in the morning that is filled with green tea extract. And later in the evening I drink a yogi blueberry green tea with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with stevia and cinnamon. This masks the apple cider vinegar very well. 

Tip number 5 is pretty stupid important and overlooked. And I definitely am to blame for forgetting to do this. And that is drinking your water folks!! A cup of cold water in the morning can boost your metabolism to burn an extra 100-200 extra calories in a day. Plus we think we are hungry but in fact are thirsty. Hey this is a pretty obvious tip but needed to be stated anyways. 

Tip number 6 understanding your own body. When people say females should eat around a 2000 calorie diet. Sure if you normally burn 2500-3000 calories per day. But I understand that being 4'11 and having a fit bit that tells me how many calories I burn a day, it is not even close to 2000. I usually burn 1400-1600 calories per day and thats with 30-40 min workouts. Weight loss is to a degree a numbers game. If you want the numbers to go down on the scale you have to know the numbers of calories going into your body. Some people say a pound is 3500 calories but there is actually research stating it could be closer to 7000 calories per pound. I actually agree with the later. With my numbers I usually burn a pound a week trying. Please don't mistake how many calories I take for how many calories you should take. I usually take in 1000/ day that leaves me with about 500 deficit and then another 500 while sleeping so every 7 days is around 7000. When I am consistently trying I usually lose a pound per week.  Of course I let myself be lazy once in a while and splurge with some sweets here and there. Because this is a lifestyle change not a diet anymore.

That leads me to tip number 7 how you track your progress and numbers. I personally use a fit bit and I love it. I highly suggest anyone serious about weight loss getting one. There are other ways too. I have used sparkpeople in the past that helps track your progress.

Tip number 8, if you hate the workouts you've been doing you probably won't stick to it. I enjoy kickboxing workout videos but even some days I really have to motivate myself to do it. So do something you love that you know will crush those calories. Also for females our body is in constant change because we naturally release different hormones different parts of the month with our cycle. So understanding our body means doing the right workouts the right type of the month. I have a app that tracts my cycle(mycalender) so I know what part of the cycle I am in either follicular or luteal. Follicular helps with muscle recovery and luteal helps with fat burn. So start doing more weight training during follicular and more low intense cardio during luteal. There is lots more on that subject females so get researching :). 

Weight loss unfortunately takes time. No quick fixes here. 

Here is my progress from fit bit to show you its been up and down but primarily slowly going down on the scale.
Here is some progress photos to show you my journey:

113

109-110



107-106

Some before and after pics of my hand 😂

before

after

so loose now

I am quite happy with my progress. I do want to state, not many are gonna be supportive of your new lifestyle change. But the positives out weigh the negatives. So keep going and be a little selfish for your own health. When you love yourself you can then love others.










Comments

Popular Posts