What I enjoyed as a Jehovah's Witness

Before I continue to talk about the struggles of growing up a Jehovah's Witness, I would like to talk about some of the great things there are when it comes to being a JW.

Well there are none, LOL jk.

No actually as I have grown into adulthood I have learned some valuable lessons and felt lucky to have been a JW growing up.

One of the biggest things I attribute to being a Jehovah's Witness that was "honesty". Don't get me wrong not all JW's are honest. But it was definitely preached to be this way. And as I experienced more relationships either in friendship or partners I dated, honesty became huge in my life. If your not an honest person, I feel there is probably something lacking in your personality, possibly confidence or lack of guilt.

So I feel my core values definitely came from being JW. And even if I get irate the likely hood of me doing any harm to someone is most likely in the negatives.

I wrote about how I felt left out growing up in my last post and even though from my simple mindedness that was true, in wholeness, being apart of an organization like that, you are never really lonely. And as I look back now, I remember all the wonderful get together's I really enjoyed. I don't think that this would be a deciding factor for me to return a JW but it does bring joy to my heart.

Family time is also important to JW's. There was always a closeness our family shared because we would eat dinner together and get ready for the meetings 3 times a week. Even though there was lots of bickering during this time, it really did make us a family. Again this is a lovely thing but not a factor for me to resort back to that religion. As I feel there is lots of things that can make a family whole.

There is probably a few other things I am leaving out that I don't remember. I think its always best to look at the bad and the good. Also I think everyone should have some sort of belief system. Because without one you will just be swayed back and forth going no where. Or at worst be tempted to doing something horrible.

Comments

Popular Posts