Becoming a Mother




Good Afternoon friends! I can't believe its almost 2020, what's worse is I haven't blogged since 2018.



I must apologize for the lack of blogging. It is great how life can sweep you off your feet and take you on so many journeys.



Me and Sy had been trying to conceive while we were in England. Unfortunately It never happened even though we were hoping every month for a positive pregnancy test. So life goes on. We moved back to the States and I decided that maybe it be best I work on my career goals instead. It seemed like the opportune time to join the Air Force reserves, like I had talked to my husband about doing.



After going to take the ASVABS, I had two choices laid in front of me. Do admin work or work in Space systems. I opted for the later because admin seemed too boring for me and also this path would open up more opportunities down the road. So I made the decision to do Space Systems but there was a catch I had found out later. Since my high school transcripts only showed math 1-3 and Geometry, my recruiter had concerns about me not having Algebra and how that may effect me getting that job. So for the next 6 months I took College algebra online and got my certificate proving I had accomplished this. I am not a quitter! It actually gave me more motivation knowing I just accomplished this class, So I can definitely accomplish basic military training. If you would like to know more detail on what BMT is like for a 34 year old women is like? Let me know and I can write a post about it.



That had taken up 6 months of my time then BMT is 2 and a half months. Immediately after BMT I went to Vandenberg AFB for tech school which was another three and a half months.

I got my wings flew home, then about a month and half later we found out I am pregnant!!!


I don't want to go into all the crazy new mother details in this post, because that is a whole other subject. But I am very happy to be pregnant and so excited to have our family grow!

Currently I am 19 weeks, so very close to the half way point. We did the Genetic testing and found out it is a GIRL!!

I can't wait to write about all that I have learned so far and help anyone who has gone through the struggles of pregnancy that I have.

But for now I am glad to have caught you lovely readers up and moving forward I will be back on schedule to write twice a week.

Comments

Popular Posts