First time mom. . .things you didn't know about



Honestly, I must have lived under a rock or something because there is so much to pregnancy I had no clue about!!

The movies portrayed "oh you threw up once, you must be pregnant" and than they go on their marry way. Haaa if only!!
I am going to open the doors to the nitty gritty of it all, and welcome you to the "real" first trimester. I think this post will be great for those looking to get pregnant and also those who are going through the same things.

Obviously your body will go through changes, but one of the first things that happened to me was my breast started to do some unusual things. To say this in the most tactful way... my nipples stayed hard and you could see them through my bra and shirt(trust me it was a bit uncomfortable).

When I found out I was pregnant I was very happy to know that I could create a little blessing! But those feelings were fleeting as the "morning sickness" set in. To describe morning sickness, imagine getting food poison and feeling like you need to throw up. And this feeling last for not just one day, not just one week, not just one month!! But no cares that you are sick because you need to be a strong woman and work through it. And no one can really measure your sickness because for every pregnancy it is different. I really felt disheartened talking to other moms who said they didn't have any morning sickness, like lucky you!! But having morning sickness was almost a double edge sword, because the first three months the miscarriage percentage is very high. So having this sickness was almost like a signal telling me that the baby is still healthy. On a side note if you are like me any type of natural remedies for morning sickness will not help much at all. Ginger tea, or chews only made me hate ginger.

The next thing that started happening to me was migraines. I went to the ER twice because I was getting double migraines in a day. I thought that was something to worry about. But the doctors didn't seem too concerned. They just drugged me up and sent me home. So I chopped that up to the fact that some women have migraines durning pregnancy and some their migraines get better. I hope for your sake that its the later.

When you are sick for weeks or months it can definitely get to you mentally. I am a pretty strong women but there were moments when I wasn't sure I could go on with this pregnancy. Luckily those moments were few and I quickly dismissed them.
Finally Unisom started working to help with the sickness. Even at 18 weeks I tried stopping unisom and after a few days the morning sickness came back.

To get a little personal, I was working full-time for the air force, but I just couldn't do it. It was all training and you definitely need to be mentally there and I wasn't. So I got lucky in this aspect and they let me do my usual one weekend a month job instead.


This was me trying on my new maternity pants because none of my usual ABU pants fit.

A few other fun facts are bloating, farting, Pupps rash, laughing so hard you start crying.

Hormones are a funny thing. But besides all the craziness, I am still so grateful that I get to experience this in my life time. And the joys that are yet to come with my own child will be unmeasurable!!



Comments

Popular Posts