OMG There is a Lump(Lipomas) on my Dog!! The Problem and finding a Solution.


I'd like to introduce to you my wonderful furry friend and forever baby, Winchester. If your a close friend you've probably already met him. I call him Win, Winny, Winchester lee leung, hey you, Win baby, others have called him Little....




If you have a Dog or Cat in your life, they become very special to you! They become family members. And you want them to live a long, healthy life!!

So a few weeks back I found a relatively small lump on Winchester's chest. About the size of a pea. I was concerned but not overly worried.

I researched online for holistic remedies. A lot of articles say putting turmeric on the lump(or orally) helps with inflammation. Plus most articles give a list of what may cause this skin problem in the first place. The most common causes are:

  • Processed human food
  • Basic dog food(kibble)
  • Di-worm medicine, vaccines
  • Sugar
  • Over Weight
  • Spinal problems

So I started putting castor oil and turmeric together on it. This seemed to initially help. Win became accustomed to me putting it on his chest.

Then after a few weeks of doing that the lump grew to the size of a dime. And I got really concerned. Me and my husband were contemplating going to get it looked at to make sure it wasn't cancerous.

I wasn't sure of the root causes for his lump, since he isn't extremely over weight. And most of his food was raw plant based. But I did give him some junky food once in a while. Also thought it may have been from the vaccines since he traveled a lot in the last year and the restrictions are different for each country so he ended up getting rabies vaccinated a few times, even though it was unnecessary. Another thought was his spine maybe out of place.

I did some praying/ asking for help from the Universe. And then I did some more research. Some times the best thing to do is put the problem in a higher powers hands. Usually the Universal Power will give me direction to find the right info.

Then I cut out all junk food from his diet. No sugar, soy products. anything processed.

I found this article on ovarian cysts in rats very interesting!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4673950/

Granted his lump wasn't an ovarian cyst. So I read more about green tea and found out that the non-caffeinated extract capsules, help for many different benefits in dogs. So I started giving him half of a capsule a day of Green Tea extract.

Also I watched a video on youtube about Lipomas. On this Vet's Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/internetpetvet

He suggests the dog drinking green tea. Also he said putting a hot-ish towel on the lump to open up pores.

I decide to do the hot towel(heated a damp towel in microwave for 10-20 sec) treatment. During that process I was doing a massage on the lump. Also want to note, the massage had I applied some pressure, but wouldn't suggest too hard in case of rupture.

Along with that I gave my dog back massages from neck down.

The next day after apply all those things it was drastically smaller. It is now back to the size of a pea. It was mentioned in my research that it doesn't go away completely. I feel the body is an amazing healing mechanism though, animal or human, so I think it will completely fade away.

This was my experience. I have to mention I am not a vet. Consulting a vet maybe what your animal needs. That is up to your own discretion.



Comments

Popular Posts