Embracing the Empath in Me

What does it mean to be an Empath.

I think a lot of peoples ideas of the word are quite different. My meaning of the label maybe wrong, but hopefully it will resonate with some.

Growing up I thought I might be one, but didn't really think I was that special(had low self esteem), so would always pass by the thought quickly.

It was actually only quite recently that I truly believed that I was one. When you have a different ability then most, you think your parents would recognize it and you would get understanding from them. This was never the case for me.

This last year three different people told me, they thought I was an Empath in the same month. That's when I was starting to see it being true.

Here is a list of traits that I have that I believe are Empathic :

Social anxiety(used to get sick thinking I had to go to school). Some times malls and busy streets can make you dizzy.

Un-confrontational to the extreme. I would always feel guilty even though I needed to stand up for myself.

Feeling others emotions esp when they are negative, to where it hurts.

A sick feeling when eating meat , or thinking about blood. (been on and off vegetarian/vegan my whole life, now completely vegan)

Empathizing with someone even if they done you harm.

Being a lightworker to make others happy.

Knowing exactly what they are thinking without them expressing it to you.

Understanding animals and even inanimate objects.

Feeling your own energy and others and knowing how to use it.

Some times getting taken advantage of because of kindness.

This is a small list I am sure there are more things to add.

 I have noticed that there are tons of people posing to be Empaths. These may actually be psychic vampires, they may have been Empaths at one time but instead of using there gift for good they went down a dark path. They know your good at sympathizing so they will use you and your energy. A true Empath doesn't need sympathy all the time if rarely.

My thoughts for the day ✌❤

Comments

Popular Posts